All services are provided free of charge
An Executive Director and Operations Manager oversee the operations of Englewood Helping Hand, Inc.
Guidelines and policies are established by the Board of Directors.
Services provided are ONLY available to residents of the greater Englewood area in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties, Including Englewood, Englewood East, Rotonda West, Gulf Cove, El Jobean, Grove City, Cape Haze, Placida and Port Charlotte zip code 33953.
Food, hygiene, and paper products
- Immediately available
- Proof of residency in the above referenced area is required to fully join our program
- Help is available for Senior citizens
All Faiths Food Bank Mobile Farm Market
- Garden fresh fruits and vegetables distributed on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month – Call office for dates and times.
Access Florida Assistance
- Access Florida provides monthly assistance for food, supplementary security income, Medicaid and some related medical expenses.
- A fax, copier and telephone are available to apply for services.
- Call (941)474-5864 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
For families and individuals in crisis
- Assistance for rent, utility bills and some other emergency expenses
- Documentation of crisis required and assistance is dependent upon availability of funds.
- Any financial aid is paid directly to the provider, NO payments are made directly to clients.
- By appointment only: (941) 474-5864
Coordination of services with other provider agencies
- Comprehensive assistance
- Help for electric bills and free medical care for limited income families and senior citizens
Englewood United Methodist Church Children’s Clothes Closet
The clothes closet is maned by volunteers from the Englewood United Methodist Church Women’s Organization and is located next to Englewood Helping Hand at 700 E. Dearborn St., Englewood FL 34223.
Good used clothing and new underwear are available to children in need from newborn to size 12.
All families are welcome to stop by the Clothes Closet Monday’s and Wednesday’s 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and a volunteer will help with clothes selection.
Donations can be made directly to the Clothes Closet or through Englewood Helping Hand. Call (941)474-5588 for more information.