All services are provided free of charge
An administrator oversees the operations of Englewood Helping Hand, Inc.
Guidelines and policies are established by the Board of Directors.
Services provided are ONLY available to residents of the greater Englewood area in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties, Including Englewood, Englewood East, Rotonda West, Gulf Cove, El Jobean, Grove City, Cape Haze, Placida and Port Charlotte zip code 33953.
Food, Hygiene, and paper products
- Immediately available
- Proof of residency in the above referenced area is required to fully join our program
- Help is available for Senior citizens
- Garden fresh fruits and vegetables distributed on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month – Call office for dates and times.
- Reduced price, 30 day unlimited SCAT pass sold to those qualified for $8.
- Computer, Fax, Copier and Telephone access to apply for services provided by the state of Florida such as food stamps, Medicaid, and temporary cash assistance.
For families and individuals in crisis
- Assistance for rent, mortgage or utility bills
- Documentation of crisis required and dependent upon availability of funds.
- Any financial aid is paid directly to the provider, NO payments are made directly to clients.
- By appointment only: (941) 474-5864
Coordination of services with other provider agencies
- Comprehensive assistance
Children’s Clothes Closet
A collaborative effort sponsored by the Englewood United Methodist Church, Methodist Women and Englewood Helping Hand, Inc. Housed next to Englewood Helping Hand on the United Methodist Church.
Good used clothing and new underwear are available to Englewood children in need from newborn to size 12.
Families are welcome to stop by the Clothes Closet Monday’s and Wednesday’s 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and a volunteer will help with clothes selection.
Donations can be made directly to the Clothes Closet or through Englewood Helping Hand.